Ronaldinho Gaucho

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ronaldinho halfway to dreamland



Ronaldinho fulfilled a childhood dream, and brought the Nou Camp crowd to their feet, by wrapping up Barcelona's 4-0 win over Villarreal with a spectacular overhead kick.

Lurking in the Villarreal area three minutes from time, the Brazilian controlled a lofted pass from Xavi with his chest, swivelled round with his back to goal and then fired a stunning bicycle kick over the head of goalkeeper Mariano Barbosa and high into the net.

"I didn't really think too much about it because it just happened on the spur of the moment," said Ronaldinho, who had scored Barcelona's opening goal from the penalty spot.

"When I controlled the ball it stood up just right and everything else worked out perfectly. Since I was a young boy I've dreamed of scoring a goal like that. I'm never going to forget this goal. Now I have to try for my other dream goal which is to score from the halfway line."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home